Makeup Revolution Beauty Advent Calendar 2018 – I got one!

Makeup Revolution London - Makeup Revolution Beauty Advent Caledndar 2018 main image - front of the calendar with Christmas baubles around it

Every year I lust over these beauty advent calendars, yet I never get one. I finally decided it was about time that I had one! So, after looking at a lot of beauty advent calendars, I decided on the Makeup Revolution beauty advent calendar – which is the one I’m going to talk about today.

Firstly, Makeup Revolution is a brand that I’m familiar with, I love and own many of their products.. so that set them ahead of other calendars immediately. Secondly, the price of their calendar was so good!

They also do a few other advent calendars (believe me, I would have loved to have all of them!) For example, there is one dedicated purely to lip products. I wanted one that had a mix of everything and this one seemed the best bet for that.

Makeup Revolution Beauty Advent Calendar 2018

Price point:

At the time of purchase the Makeup Revolution Beauty Advent Calendar cost £30. It says it contains £50 worth of makeup. I’m pretty sure the price will vary from place to place, because it was marked down from £50 when I bought it. I just didn’t want it to sell out, as I know they get snapped up quickly. You might be lucky and find one to pick up a lot cheaper, depending on where you buy from. Also, I’m going to assume that the closer to December (or even during December) the price will change radically if there are any still available.

I bought mine directly from the Makeup Revolution website, to be sure I was getting the real product. You have to be so careful these days with where you buy makeup from. It can be hard sometimes to determine genuine products from those fake products, so if ever in doubt go to the source.

How it looks inside:

Makeup Revolution London - Makeup Revolution Beauty Advent Calendar 2018 Open

Inside are 25 different windows to open (of varying sizes).

The calendar itself is pretty light weight and no where near as heavy as I thought it was going to be (I probably should have looked at the weight online now that I think about it.) It’s also pretty slim considering how much makeup it contains.

What the advent calendar is said to contain – Spoilers ahead:

• 6 Lipsticks
  • 2 Baked Highlighters
  • 1 Anti-shine Balm
  • 4 Travel Sized Makeup Brushes
  • 2 Pressed Highlighters
  • 2 Lip Glosses
  • 1 Baked Bronzer
  • 1 Eye Primer
  • 1 Mini Eyeshadow Palette
  • 2 Strobe Balms
  • 1 Mirror
  • 1 Liquid Highlighter
  • 1 Re-loaded Palette

I know that part of the joy of having an advent calendar is that it’s a mystery every day. It’s kind of hard for it to be a complete mystery though, people have to know what they are paying for. It’s a bit like when you buy Christmas Crackers and it shows you what they contain on the back.

It’s important to note that while a lot of products in the calendar are vegan, not all of them are. The eye primer, lipsticks, lip glosses and anti-shine balm are not vegan.

The calendar came in a plastic sleeve that showed a mini preview of all the products. Shown here:

Makeup Revolution London - Makeup Revolution Beauty Advent Calendar 2018 - small image of contents of advent calendar

Final thoughts

Since I’ve not opened this calendar yet, I can’t judge the contents.. though I am sure they will be up to the usual high standard of Makeup Revolution products. I’m extremely excited for December 1st and I think these are such an amazing alternative to the chocolate advent calendars.

I also secretly hope that they’ve included the baked highlighter I own but accidentally broke off the cover. Oops!

I can say that out of all the beauty advent calendars I’ve looked at, this seemed to be most suited to my tastes. I do want all the beauty advent calendars though, let’s be honest!

What do you think of the Makeup Revolution beauty advent calendar or their other calendars?

Have you bought a beauty advent calendar before? Would you consider getting one?

Let me know your thoughts in the comments below..

I love hearing from you guys ♥

You can check out my other beauty related posts here.

Share:

I was not paid in any way to post this. I bought the advent calendar myself and all images and opinions are my own.

10 Comments

1. November 12, 2018 / 4:47 pm

I did this last year, I’d been wanting a beauty calendar for so long and last year I just did it and I love them, they’re so exciting to open every day, I much prefer them to the chocolate ones! This one sounds good though, I’m still yet to buy one at the moment!

Chloe xx

• merkitty
      Author
      November 12, 2018 / 4:56 pm

Sometimes you just have to give in and get these things, right? I hope you get one this year, sounds like you enjoyed it last year.

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. ♥

2. November 13, 2018 / 11:34 am

I caved in this year too and treated myself to the Marks & Spencer beauty calendar, which looks absolutely gorgeous. We definitely deserve to treat ourselves and, like you, I can’t wait for the beginning of December now so I can start opening my little boxes. We’ll have to compare notes nearer the time 🙂 I hope your Make Up Revolution calendar lives up to your expectations, I know how much you love this brand, so I’m sure it will. Exciting times! xx

Lisa | http://www.lisasnotebook.com

• merkitty
      Author
      November 16, 2018 / 1:56 pm

Ooh, that one looks really good. I hope everything inside yours is great!

This one was more budget friendly than most other calendars.. if I like having a beauty advent calendar this year, maybe I’ll get a more luxe one next year. I just need to see what I think about it first!

Yes, we’ll definitely have to compare notes. I’d love to hear about what you got in yours! Exciting times indeed!

Thanks for reading and leaving a lovely comment, as always ♥

3. November 13, 2018 / 1:36 pm

This is such a beautiful advent calendar, it has such a simple but elegant design. The gold is really pretty! I’m impressed that you get so many different products at such an affordable price. I’ve never had a beauty advent calendar before, but it is a really lovely idea and such a nice way to treat yourself everyday in the lead up to Christmas. I hope you enjoy your goodies in December! Thanks for sharing your thoughts, fab review and gorgeous photos! <3 xx

Bexa | http://www.hellobexa.com

• merkitty
      Author
      November 16, 2018 / 1:59 pm

Yes, the packaging is lovely.. it’s not busy and in your face. For my first beauty advent calendar I think it’s great and I’m so looking forward to opening the doors each day.

Maybe one day you’ll treat yourself to one too? Shame they don’t do a pin one, as I’m sure that you would grab that most definitely!

Thanks for reading and for leaving a lovely comment, as always ♥

4. November 17, 2018 / 12:53 pm

I have never purchased any advent calendars. I have never seen one around here. But I like the idea of gift everyday. This one has a lovely packaging. Makeup Revolution has some amazing products. Enjoy your calendar.

Via | http://glossnglitters.com

• merkitty
      Author
      November 19, 2018 / 2:53 pm

Thanks, Via!

I hope you get to try one too at some point. The thought of a little gift every day was what made me want to try a beauty advent calendar to be honest. Sure, chocolate is great.. but I want a little something special every day.

Thank you for reading and commenting. ♥

5. November 24, 2018 / 10:34 am

I’ve never had a beauty advent calendar. I find them too expensive but I did get made a bath bomb advent calendar last year – it was amazing and such a thoughtful gift. I have my eye on a couple on Amazon at the moment.

• merkitty
      Author
      November 25, 2018 / 12:47 pm

Ooh that sounds lovely that you got made one.

Yeah, the beauty advent calendars are definitely expensive, this was one of the more budget friendly ones and even so I still found it pricey. Maybe you can find one cheaper at the beginning of December or in one of the crazy sales going on right now.

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment ♥