The British Tag

The British Tag - night time British shot

I found the British Tag while I was doing a bit of web browsing and it seemed fun, so I thought I’d give it a go. I struggled to find who originally came up with this, as I saw it a few different places.. so if anyone knows, let me know and I’ll give credit where it’s due. These tags are always fun to do and they are a great way to get to know me a bit better, since some of them are so obscure.

The British Tag

QUESTIONS:

1. How many cups of tea do you have a day?

I have one a day on average. Since I don’t drink coffee, I like to have one in the morning to wake me up. I can have more than one, it really depends on the day to be honest.

2. Favourite part of your roast?

Roast potatoes are my favourite part. Some lovely fluffy roast potatoes with a gorgeous crunch. Just typing that has made me want roast potatoes! I think that I just enjoy a roast dinner in general though. It’s the best dinner in my opinion. I would eat it every day if I could.

3. Favourite dunking biscuit?

Probably a digestive, though they have to be dunked super quick or else you’ll end up with it in your tea and there’s nothing worse than that! I really enjoy dunking Choco Leibniz too, but they don’t really soak up the tea quite like a digestive.

4. Favourite quintessentially British pastime?

Moaning. I love a good ol’ moan. Does that count? I can’t really think of anything else besides having a cuppa.

5. Favourite British word?

Chuffed and/or gutted. I use those a lot more than I probably should.

6. Cockney rhyming slang?

I love cockney rhyming slang. I don’t use it very often, but I find it very fun and it’s something that I’d always hear certain members of my family say. We’re all Londoners originally.

7. Favourite sweet?

Are those jelly fried eggs British? Because if so, then them.

8. If you owned a pub, what would your pub be called?

I have no idea.. but I’d try to incorporate cats in the title somehow. Or maybe I should just call it Merkitty.

9. Favourite male and female British celebrity?

Hugh Laurie and Holly Willoughby.

10. Favourite British shop / restaurant?

I’m not sure what shops and restaurants are only in the UK. Every one I like seems to be international.

11. What British song pops into your head?

Bohemian Rhapsody – Queen.

12. Marmite?

Yes! I love marmite. I don’t know how people can hate it. It’s gorgeous on toast, or in a cheese toastie, in a quesadillas or in a sandwich.

I tag.. anyone that wants to do it! Let me know if you do The British Tag and I’ll come by and give it a read. My other tags and things can be found under blogging and/or rambles.

What do you all think of my answers? Let me know your thoughts in the comments below.

I love hearing from you guys! ♥

Share:
Image courtesy of Pixabay

10 Comments

• merkitty
      Author
      August 27, 2018 / 4:50 pm

I don’t think it’s that weird, but then some people find it weird I don’t drink coffee. They’re the weird ones!

Thanks for leaving a comment ♥

1. August 28, 2018 / 7:49 am

He he, this is a really fun post, I’ve never seen a British Tag before! I love those Choco Leibniz too, I only discovered them recently but my faves are the dark chocolate version. I loved the word chuffed, it’s so British! Ha ha! I definitely agree that roast dinner is the best dinner, my favourites are the Yorkshire puddings and stuffing! Great post, loved reading your answers <3 xx

Bexa | http://www.hellobexa.com

• merkitty
      Author
      August 28, 2018 / 5:22 pm

Ohh I have the milk ones because my tummy doesn’t do well with dark chocolate (though it doesn’t always stop me having it)

I love Yorkshire puddings and stuffings too! I think I just love roast dinners period really.

Thanks for leaving a lovely comment as always ♥

2. August 30, 2018 / 1:17 pm

Girl, I can relate to this on a deeper level – being British is always an amazing feeling! I LOVE roast potatoes so much, they’re everything, but I am a true stickler for some Yorkshire puddings. One cup of tea a day is pretty good too, I tend to have 2 (because I’m always tired and need waking up constantly) – how do you have yours, with milk and sugar? Any way you have it, it’s the dog’s bollocks 😉 x
    Lots of love
    Marina Rosie xx

• merkitty
      Author
      August 30, 2018 / 4:07 pm

I love that you love roast potatoes as much as me! Yorkshire puddings are amazing too, I always leave them to last.

Ooh, I have my tea with milk and sugar, you? Skimmed milk and a little bit sweet. Strong and sweet, just like me. Haha.

Thanks for leaving a lovely comment ♥

3. September 4, 2018 / 12:59 pm

Hehe, this is a really fun post! I love roast potatoes and Yorkshire puddings, a Sunday roast is definitely one of my favourite meals. I love answering tag questions so I’ll have to do this one at some point. 🙂

• merkitty
      Author
      September 4, 2018 / 4:10 pm

Thanks! Can’t beat a roast, can you?!

I look forward to reading your answers if you do it then.

Thanks for commenting ♥

4. September 4, 2018 / 10:06 pm

Oh, what a fun tag, I haven’t seen this one before. Your answers are great, we’re very similar! Crunchy but fluffy roast potatoes, marmite, dunking biscuits (rich tea or malted milk for me), and, without a doubt, Bohemian Rhapsody, which is greatest track ever! Fab post 🙂 xx

Lisa | http://www.lisasnotebook.com

• merkitty
      Author
      September 6, 2018 / 1:34 pm

Thank you! That’s fab that your answers are similar to mine too.

Thanks for your lovely comment, as always ♥